Monday, January 5, 2009

Smoke Alarm.......False Alarm

Last night we went to bed and I was hoping for a good nights sleep since I haven't slept well at all because of the strep throat....and at 2:09 our smoke alarms went off--the ones that were put in when our house was built....I even felt our door before I went out....SO we went around not really knowng what to do there definitely wasn't a fire or smoke just COLD -- I turn the heat down quite a bit during the night. So about 8 minutes later they stopped. We went back to bed trying to get back to sleep when at 2:50 the alarms went off again. SO this time AJ went around and disconnected 7 alarms -- and the last one was in our room. It would not stop ringing after he had pulled it out so I took it into our laundry room and put towels over it and shut the door. I slept right through AJ getting up and getting ready for work and I finally woke up at 7:20. So I went into the laundry room and it was still ringing that shrill ring and I noticed that our washing machine and been unplugged -- I knew I hadn't done that well it turns out that when AJ was leaving for work he heard that noise and thought it was the machine I guess he didn't realize that I had put the alarm in there and put towels over to muffle the sound....Anyway I took out the battery out and it stopped...but now should I put them all back in and wait to see what happens tonight....We actually have 4 other alarms that aren't connected to them. So maybe I'll wait a few days.

2 comments:

Jill said...

There is nothing more upsetting then a fire alarm waking you from a dead sleep. Good to know it was a false alarm though.

Hayley said...

oh, i'm glad that i'm not the only one in the world that goes crazy. it seriously makes me lose it! me and smoke alarms - not friends!!! i have the worst luck with thej.