Saturday, December 26, 2009

We Won Tickets...Las Vegas Bowl Here We Come

Our son-in-law's friend works for Maaco and because they were the sponser of the Las Vegas Bowl they had done an estimate on AJ's work trucks for some repairs and entered us in to win two tickets. However, our name was chosen second but the guy that actually won them couldn't go and so at 5:00 on Monday night they called and asked if we wanted them, we had about 5 min. to make a decision and we said YES. I needed a little convincing from my family that I should go because I still needed to do the grocery shopping but other than that I was prepared for Christmas and then we had to work out arrangements for Judson to get babysat, cause Megan and Tyler came for the ride and Las Vegas. Megan was insistent that I go to the Strip since I had never been there before. We got up at 5:30 on Tuesday to head out because of a snow storm coming, we did run into some tense moments but we made it safe and sound.

The game was really good but WINDY!!!!!!!. It blew constantly and it was cold. However, the weather person that I am I went prepared with a sweater, BYU Sweatshirt, Snowboarding Coat,
Earmuffs, Ski Gloves and warm furry boots and a blanket. And luckily as Meg & Tyler dropped us off AJ grabbed his gloves, but he didn't have a hat, so now he is paying the price with a cough and cold. It was great and we are glad we did it but probably won't do it again. AND BYU beat Oregon State 44-20.

On Our Way




Lunch at the Red Robin

Marriott Courtyard In St. George


Las Vegas Strip












National Anthem

The Game...Third Row...Forty Yardline


BYU Marching Band

No comments: