Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Grandchildren Campover

On Friday night we had the 4 oldest grandchildren over for a campover, meaning they slept in a tent.  They helped us put up the tent and then we let them roast hot dogs for dinner and then we made smores later. Several days before I ran to the dollar store to get them some toy and I couldn't really find anything other then I got them each a coloring/activity book, a flashlight for each one and treats. They each have their own set of crayons that stay at our house, but I was surprised how much they enjoyed coloring which helped out during wating times for dinner and breakfast.  After dinner AJ did some magic tricks and then we played with the parachute and did relay races.
Finally it was time for swimming we wanted to wait until it was getting dark so we could have the pool lights on. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of us in the pool because we were all having fun in the pool but AJ took some of them in the hot tub afterwards.  Then we all got ready for bed and had root beer floats and that's when I gave them their own flashlight and then we went and got in the tent for spooky stories and singing.  They were all asleep by 11:30.  AJ slept out there with them and I slept in the house.  Judson woke up at 6 am. and we brought him in to watch cartoons and not wake up the rest.  I got back from running around 7:15 and they all were up by then so we made french toast and coconut syrup with scrambled eggs.  Then they went out and jumped on the tramp and AJ had them shoot the BB gun.  Around 9:30 their parents arrived to take the kiddos home.
Roasting Hot Dogs

Coloring

                                               See the tent!



                                                     Hanging out in the tent
                                                 Playing with the Parachute


                                           Hot tubbing



                                            Waiting for breakfast





                                         Leaving with their coloring book and treat bag!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: