Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Trip to Arizona


Last week AJ needed to go to Phoenix for some business and since we have never been to the Grand Canyon I decided to go with him and we went to the North Rim.  It was 27 degrees when we got there in the morning but warmed up after doing several hikes. It really is magnificent.  We left around noon and headed back to Jacob's Lake to have lunch and see if a girl (Hannah) from the YSA ward was working that day.  Of course, it was her day off and she had taken off for St. George, so we missed her. We then headed toward Flagstaff and then Phoenix.  Along the way we crossed the Colorado River and they have a pedestrian bridge you can walk across.  We stopped and walked some but I couldn't do it or get close to the edge.  AJ took several pictures.  We made it to Phoenix that evening.  All I can say about Phoenix is it is BROWN, UGLY and HOT.  I don't know why people would want to live there.                   
                                      This is outside the Grand Canyon Lodge. The fireplace is alot bigger then what this picture shows.  The opening where you burn the wood is taller then me.


 

                                             I thought this tree was neat looking
 
 
 

We ate lunch at Jacob Lake Inn.

The Colorado River
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MamaHintze said...

Hannah was so sad that she missed you!
I love the north rim, so much less commercial than the south rim.