I began Easter Sunday by teaching my primary class that the real reason we celebrate Easter is because Jesus Christ was resurrected and we will be resurrected one day. In the April Ensign
President Monson said, “I declare my personal witness that death has been conquered, victory over the tomb has been won. May the words made sacred by Him who fulfilled them become actual knowledge to all. Remember them. Cherish them. Honor them. He is risen.” He teaches that because Jesus Christ died and was resurrected, we all will live again. I explained to my class that it is okay to do these other things, color eggs, easter egg hunt, candy etc. but that isn't really why we celebrate Easter we need to REMEMBER that Jesus Christ is our Savior.
We had a lovely Easter with our family. Our family joined us later in the day for an easter egg hunt. Then Meg, Ty, Jud and Myla went and joined his family for dinner and then the rest of us had dinner.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment