Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Christmas Stockings
I'm caught up. This started back in 1952 when my Aunt Flossie made me and my sister our Christmas Stockings. When I got married she passed the pattern, beads, sequins, etc. on to me. I made AJ's stocking and one for my brother-in-law. When I started having my babies, I made one for each of my children and when they got married I made one for their spouses. So I asked my kids when they started having babies did they want me to make one for them. So I have finally finished all of the the grandkids Christmas Stockings. I had made Elsies and Judsons a while ago. So for the last few months I been working on the rest of them. This way they will have something to remember me by when I pass away. When it's time to pass on the box of goodies I think it will be Tara since she is the most craftiest in the family so the tradition will live on. I was going to make some now for future babies because it is so hard on my eyes and fingers but I can't do that because it depends on whether its a girl or boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment