Wednesday, March 26, 2014

FEBRUARY

The weekend of February 1st-2nd was our Stake Conference in which they announced several weeks earlier that they would be reorganizing our Stake Presidency.  Two weeks before our current Stake President called and made an appt. to come visit AJ one Sunday evening for a private conversation and to set him up with an apppointment to meet with Elder Hallstrom and Elder Dewsnup on Saturday morning along with Bishops, High Councilman and anyone else the Stake Pres. felt should have an appointment. AJ had his interview and they tell you to be by a phone (possibly waiting for a phone call) .  Well we just hung around took naps and finally around 2:20 pm I walked into the kitchen and said I think you are safe. As soon as I finished saying that AJ's cell phone rang.  They wanted to meet with both of us.  I hurriedly got dressed.  I think both of our stomachs dropped and we just hugged each other and went not knowing what to expect.
They had me go in first and Elder Hallstrom and Elder Dewsnup interviewed me and then I went out and they had AJ go in.  While I was sitting in the waiting area the Goffs walked in and so I knew it was to be a counselor.  They then had me go in again.  (AJ still had no idea that it was to be a counselor at this point). However, after a few minutes they then extended the call to AJ to be First Counselor in our new Stake Presidency.  This was a very overwhelming and humbling experience for us.  Grateful to our family who were able to come and support us.

 Ryan Campbell a member of our Stake took this picture of the Old and New Stake Presidency of the West Jordan Utah Mountain View Stake along with Elder Hallstrom and Elder Dewsnup in the center.


Megan took this picture after AJ had been set apart as First Counselor.


This was published in the Church News week of March 9, 2014



 AVA'S GYMNASTICS

 We were able to attend Ava's first gymnastic meet held up in Park City, UT.  She is the second from the left side.  This section of the meet is Level Three because of her age she has to do that level.  In the fall she'll be able to move up to hopefully Level 5. She took first in her division for all-around, first in bars with a 9.6, second in floor, first in beam, first in vault.  She is in the TOPS program and practices M-Th from 4 to 8 pm each day.  And may I say she woke up with an infection and fever that morning but that didn't stop her. She is very determined and loves every minute of it.

                                 Her she is with all of her medals...
                                We're so proud of her.

No comments: