Bear Lake 2014
We took a family trip up to Bear Lake on Labor Day Weekend. The weather wasn't the best but we did enjoy sometime at the beach and the kids loved playing with sand toys and going in the water some. The cabin is allowed to have access to the condo beach front, swimming pools, hot tub, mini golf so that turned out to be a lot of fun. And if you have never gone to the Minnetonka Cave that was a huge highlight for all of us. Very worthwhile venture. It was not the best trip for me. AJ was kind enough to let me sleep in the Master Bedroom and he slept up on a couch that folds down to be a twin size bed. We had taken his cot and foam rubber, so we used the foam rubber on the couch. It was nice. What I didn't know (this was Court's Uncle's place). Well, he called Court the day before and said the cleaning lady had left a door opened so he thought there might be mice that got into the place. Friday evening while I was downstairs in the game room....Krin saw a mouse run into the Master Bedroom, Tyler and Court tried to catch it without any luck...so basically everyone went to bed knowing there was a mouse in the room I was sleeping in. (Except Cory and Tara didn't know)...Well, I got up to go to the bathroom at 12:30 am, then at 2:30 am.... as I was sitting there I noticed something in the corner on this white pad that was under the counter on the floor. I turned on the light and there was a mouse stuck to the white pad....I didn't scream but I wanted to. I went back to the bed and put my tennis shoes on and layed there...I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep....So I took out my ear plugs and turned on the lamp and was sitting there and I thought I heard something and I jumped and screamed a little and then another mouse started running around our suitcases that were on the floor and I screamed LOUD and woke everyone up and AJ's response...she must have found the mouse...Tara grabbed her phone and was ready to call 911 because they didn't know about the mouse situation. AJ and Cory came in and I told them about the mouse in the bathroom and that there was another one that I saw running around the suitcases. They couldn't find it. SO AJ traded me places and I went up to the loft where two of the bedrooms were (Krin and Court and Megan and Tyler were up there) Of course I couldn't sleep....I just layed there and finally fell asleep when the sun came up. So Saturday morning I needed an escort into the Master bathroom and got ready to go running and then we headed to the beach and we all went and bought lunch to come back to eat at the cabin...well everyone got there before AJ and me and when we got there off course I had to go to the bathroom...I walk into the Master Bath and there was the other mouse on another white sticky pad but in the exact spot where the other one had been caught. How come it had to be me that had to find it.....well that night there was no way I was going to sleep in that bedroom. I tried to sleep up in the loft but I just layed awake all night and watchedthe car lights shine in through the windows as the drove up the dirt road and also we had a lightning storm and rain that lit up the sky. I maybe slept an hour in the morning after it started getting light again. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep ... Sunday afternoon I did take a nap and I did sleep in that room Sunday night it wasn't great sleep but I did get some.
Our view from the cabin..
Waiting to get into the Minnetonka Cave.
Minnetonka Cave
Enjoying the Raspberry Milkshake...
Celebrating our August (Cory) Birthday...

No comments:
Post a Comment