Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December Happenings

The first part of December we attended Ava's dance recital.  I loved it and I love all the music. Ava practiced and practiced and did a wonderful job. 



 On the second Monday of December all the families came over for breakfast for dinner and then we went shopping for several Sub for Santas.  We are making this a tradition in our family and want the grandchildren to experience buying toys and clothes for children that wouldn't be able to have a very nice Christmas without little helpers.  We have done this the last two years and as they get older hopefully they will understand more the significance of what we are doing. This is one of our most favorite things to do during the Christmas season. 

 During this week I was able to attend Ava's preschool program.  And then AJ & I were responsible for the ward Christmas dinner.  It turned out great and I think everyone had a great time.


 That weekend we had the Jackson Family Christmas Party



 This section is for me.  As I get older I think I will remember from year to year how I put up my Christmas decorations and for the most part I do but there are things I forget about.  These pictures are so I can go back and look at next year.  This first picture is of my wreath and garland that I made using Christmas ornaments from the dollar store.  The total price for both combined was under $15.00.  I love how they turned out.






 The last Monday before Christmas we had a progressive dinner.  We all met at Cory and Tara's for appetizers. 
 Then we drove over to Krin and Court's for a relish tray and Krin read all the kids a Christmas Story.


Our house was next where we enjoyed eating Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and Rolls...

 and then to Megan and Tyler's for Dessert....

I loved the idea but I might be voted down if I want to do it next year.

No comments: